NHS Tax Rebate

Find out how much tax you can claim back on RCN, NMC, HCPC, RCM and Unison fees, footwear, uniform and laundry costs.

Get Started

As an NHS or private sector healthcare worker, you could be entitled to a substantial tax rebate from HM Revenue & Customs.

Healthcare workers and NHS staff in particular are now entitled to claim substantial tax rebates if they wear a work uniform, are a member of a professional body (such as the Royal College of Nurses), the trade union body Unison, or if they use their own car for work travel.

Many thousands of NHS workers fail to claim their full tax rebate entitlement each year because they do not submit a claim in time. These tax rebates are not paid out automatically by HMRC and for the repayment of tax to be paid out you must submit an application.

So far we’ve helped over 5,000 NHS workers claim over £1,700,000 in tax relief. Our largest payout so far is £6,192* but there are still a great many NHS workers who are yet to submit a claim. Remember, there are strict HMRC deadlines in place, and unfortunately you won’t receive a penny unless you submit a claim. Get started today, and make sure you aren’t one of the many who miss out!

*PAYE rebate obtained for Michael S, Pharmacist, September 2013.

I want to register a new tax claim
How much am I owed?
Read Customer Feedback

Tax Rebates by NHS Department…

5 facts every NHS worker should know about tax:

#1. The majority of NHS staff are entitled to claim at least £150 in overpaid tax.

#2. You can claim for uniform, laundry, union fees and professional membership costs.

#3. There are strict HMRC deadlines for NHS tax claims, so it is important to act fast.

#4. This type of tax rebate is not paid out automatically. You will need to submit a claim if you want to receive your rebate.

#5. You can estimate your entitlement in under 30 seconds using our rebate calculator

Recent Customer Feedback…

5 star ratingMs. Grant received over £470 after submitting her tax rebate application.

Here’s what she had to say about the claim process:

“I can’t recommend the service enough. It was easy to claim and I received a cheque within about four weeks. I’ll be happy to recommend the site to friends and colleagues.”

5 star ratingMr Smith obtained a repayment of over £420 after signing up via the website.

Mr Smith was so impressed, he came back to us for help claiming for work mileage, too;

“Very straightforward to claim and the service was excellent. It took 30 seconds to register and 5 minutes to read and sign the claims documentation when it came through in the post. Four weeks later and I received a cheque for over £400!”

Our NHS Tax Claims Team will review your application and check whether you are owed a tax rebate.

Applying is very simple – it takes less than five minutes to register your application and complete the simple form. If we can’t secure a rebate for you, you will not be charged.

Answers to our frequently asked questions can be found here.

About Us

TaxRebateCentre.co.uk is part of PTG Tax Services, a specialist tax and financial services claims company based in Leicestershire. Our experts have helped over 5,000 NHS employees in their pursuit of income tax justice, and we’re on a mission to help the tens, if no hundreds of thousands of NHS staff in Britain who remain completely unaware that they could be entitled to claim tax relief on many of their employment expenses.

Our years of experience have enabled us to build the market-leading NHS and healthcare worker tax rebate claims business in Britain – by helping NHS workers just like you claim back ALL of your unclaimed expenses.

The team here at PTG HQ draw upon substantial experience with the tax rebate, payroll an financial services industries, and as a business we have claimed for over £1,000,000 in backdated tax relief in the last three years.

Our simple, professional and secure tax rebate service makes getting your money back as easy as 1, 2, 3. Remember that due to strict government deadlines for PAYE income tax rebate claims, if you haven’t submitted a claim for your overpaid tax, you risk losing this overpaid tax forever..